Wednesday, January 28, 2015

5 Day Art Challenge, Day 4

Day 4 of the 5 day art challenge, where I post 3 pieces of my work each day. I missed yesterday. Too bad :)
For today, I am posting some more color sketches, this time purely from imagination. I think these are the kinds of sketches I do most frequently with digital media. Many times I begin these on my tablet when I'm having coffee or tea somewhere, then work them up at home. I am mostly sticking to mood with these, without getting too much into the nitty-gritty. The top one started as a piece I did for a friend's project, which I then decided to take a bit further.
With some rare exceptions like faint glows for fire or fireflies, when making these types of pieces I like to keep it as "manual" as possible, without the use of effects or filters. Often, as I admire other work online, I see what otherwise would have been perfectly good pieces muddled by "color aberration" or other post effects that detract from the original strokes. Sometimes these fx are useful, but most of the time they are unnecessary, which is why I try to keep it simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment